1. RAISE VISIBILITY
Raise the visibility of transportation productivity and efficiency to the level of a national cause.
2. FORTIFY FOUNDATION FOR INVESTMENT
3. CLARIFY FREIGHT LAND USE STRATEGY
Bring consciousness and clear strategy to Freight Transportation Land Use.
4. INVIGORATE GOVERNMENT RELATIONS
Invigorate the rail industry’s approach to government relations, in light of the true contribution of railroads.
5. EDUCATE THE STAKEHOLDERS
Lead the rail industry, shippers, government and citizens to finally get on the same page about the importance of railroads.
6. SHIFT TO MULTI-MODAL
Shift from highway-oriented system to an optimal multi-modal transport system.
7. NATIONAL GROWTH STRATEGY
Enroll the rail industry in the tremendous upside of an industry-wide national growth strategy.
8. TRANSFORM PUBLIC SECTOR PLANNING
Transform public sector planning with OTNA’s Transportation Action Planning to apply metrics, targets, commitments and action plans.
9. CONNECT ACADEMIC RESEARCH TO INDUSTRY NEEDS
Connect the funding and conduct of academic research to in-the-field needs and applications.
10. ADVANCE STAKEHOLDER INTERACTION
Convene stakeholder engagement that constructively surface previous issues and create openings for progress.
11. ADDRESS INVESTMENT IMPEDIMENTS
Address systemic impediments to capital investment in the build-out of new rail lines and facilities.
12. ENCOURAGE MAJOR PRIVATE SECTOR INVESTMENT
Unleash the hundreds of billions of dollars in private-sector dollars currently sitting on the sidelines.
13. DISSEMINATE BEST PRACTICES TO THE GREATER INFRASTRUCTURE NETWORK
Scale up the best practices in public/private sector planning and investment through the entire nation’s infrastructure planning network.