The Southwest Supply Chain Coalition is a new institutional model for multi-state supply chain and transportation planning.
Supply chains extend beyond state borders. Many of North America’s multi-state supply chains are inextricably linked yet growing chaotically. OnTrackNorthAmerica has laid the groundwork for a new system of collaboration and coordination for streamlining the unplanned, high volume of freight moving between Nevada, California, Utah and Arizona.
Among the challenges to be addressed:
- The lack of regional supply chain systems planning is harmful to the environment and quality of life in many communities
- Creation of new avenues of communication to facilitate a balance between community needs and the interests of freight transportation providers and shippers
- Lack of multi-state coordination between public agencies, port authorities, economic developers, businesses, communities, and transportation providers
Who should join the Southwest Supply Chain Coalition?
The Coalition is radically inclusive, consisting of stakeholders in the Southwest region spanning business, public sector, communities, and investors. There is no organization too large or too small to join.
The Coalition has seven core stakeholder groups:
- Government (Federal, State and Local economic development, transportation, planning and environmental departments)
- Shippers (Agricultural, Manufacturing, Retailing etc.)
- Transportation Providers (Railroads, Logistics Providers, Ports etc.)
- Academia (Faculty and specialists in Transportation, Supply Chain, Land Use, and the Environment)
- Landowners/Land Developers/Economic and Industrial Developers
- NGOs / Non-Profits
- Community Groups
SOUTHWEST SUPPLY CHAIN COALITION INVITATION PRESENTATION
Supply chains, economies, and the environment do not begin or end at state lines. The Southwest Supply Chain Coalition designs and implements sustainable industrial development and economic opportunity while driving down negative impacts and public costs.
AN INTRODUCTION TO SUPPLY CHAIN WHOLE SYSTEMS THINKING
Land is a limited commodity. What if we all started thinking together about how to use it?
SOUTHWEST SUPPLY CHAIN SUSTAINABILITY COMMITMENT
In the course of human events, “sustainability” is a very new concept. Any rigorous conversation on the subject often leads to questions, gray areas and “what-ifs.” Some business activities clearly contribute to our collective well-being, and some less so. The Sustainability Commitment helps navigate an area of human endeavor that is evolving daily.