OnTrackNorthAmerica’s initiatives for whole-systems infrastructure planning are designed to:
- Support the optimization of all transport modes within a balanced freight logistics system, by gathering all available data, studies and experience.
- Advance coordination and collaboration among industry, government, and community.
- Build the next generation of transportation lifecycle benefit/cost analysis to develop clear, functional measures for future planning and investing in transportation infrastructure.
- Lead the implementation of freight transportation land use strategies.
- Reverse the decline of direct rail service.
- Expand investment in sustainable freight transportation.
- Implement a new model for transportation planning: Transportation Action Planning.
- Augment competition for individual gain with coordination and collaboration in the best interests of the community.